Friday, July 23, 2010

Updates

Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you all know where life in the Fishbowl is at! I did end up doing one of those Facebook ads..not much of a response yet..but I do like the idea. I do think I might have to link it up to one of my other sites. Speaking of links...hehehe..hows that for a segue? I did have people looking at my LinkedIn profile...I definitely feel as though my resume is starting to get noticed..i just hope more schools start looking at it! I also had a friend of mine take a look at my resume..he used to be a recruiter for many years and he is very good at what he does..some advice..if you have resources or someone offers you help..take it..it really is invaluable and particularly if they have background experience. He basically tore it apart..but it really needed to be...I like it a lot better..and at this point..my resume is done..I think. I have done all the tweaking I can do and I do believe it is up to professional standards. Some good news..I did get a call from a local computer company who saw my resume on Monster.com and wanted to talk to me about employment opportunities. A little more advice, if you are looking for a job and you havent posted on Monster.com...leave this blog...i wont be upset..lol..and open up an account there. I did not even call this company and now they are calling me. Social Media..networking..it really is amazing! Thats about all for now..talk to you folks soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment