Friday, July 16, 2010

Placing Ads

So another day...the search continues. If nothing else, I have gained so much experience from this...experience...lol!!! But I am still very hopeful something will happen! Anyways...I was reading about a gentleman named Alec Brownstein. Are you wondering who he is? Well..if you are in the boat that I am in, that is a name you should definitely know because I think in many circles, he is a bit of a celebrity and certainly without a doubt, an innovator. Alec Brownstein is the guy who got the job of his dreams essentially by having the companies that he was interested in google themselves and that led to his website...I think I have that process right...lol! I have thought about doing what he did but I am not sure how well it will work for two reasons. One..because it worked so well for Alec, I think more people are going to try that idea and something that was a really unique and interesting idea might seem not so new because so many people are going to want to try it. Two..i think in a field like public relations..its a lot easier to figure out the top five firms where one would want to work or the top five people in the field that one would want to work for. I think in student affairs it is a lot more arbitrary..the top five schools in the nation doesn't necessarily mean those are the top five student affairs departments. Now I am not criticizing Alec at all..come on...he is currently at his dream job..while I am just blogging about it..for now! No..Alec definitely knows what he is doing and he came up with an awesome idea. I just think if I am going to do it...i need to tweak the idea a bit. I'm thinking about maybe doing something on Facebook.It seems like a lot of student affairs and higher education personnel are on Facebook quite a bit. Any thoughts? No entry tomorrow..but stay tuned for another one probably on Sunday! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment