Sunday, October 3, 2010

Opinions

Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying my blog as much as I love writing entries, and lately I have been more into than ever! Now the whole point of this blog is me talking about my efforts to get back in the field of student affairs. I really don't want to get overly political, it isn't the spin that I am looking for. However an incident happened that really has me wanting to talk about it and I think my blog is a great place to do that.

If you are in the field of student affairs, you may know about what is going on with Michigan Assistant Attorney General Andrew Shirvell and University of Michigan student Chris Armstrong. Chris Armstrong was elected student body president of UM. Andrew Shirvell decided to make a personal vendetta against Armstrong because he is gay and Shirvell felt that Armstrong was radical in his lifestyle. I know there are more details than that, but that is the abridged version that I am aware of. Andrew Shirvell should be ashamed of himself..absolutely ashamed of himself. If one has their opinion..they are entitled to it. I don't agree at all but he can have his opinion. However, to do what he did was so far out of line, I hope that he is fired from his job as soon as possible. He acted immaturely, he has been about as discriminatory and closed minded as one can get and basically has acted like a big bully against a young student leader. I dont know the every day operations of an Attorney General but I am going to assume standing outside of Armstrong's house at one in the morning is not part of the job detail. I think he has much more on his agenda instead of harassing a college student. I hope the right things happen and he publicly apologizes to Mr. Armstrong and that he steps down or is removed from Attorney General. I am very happy that UM banned Shirvell from their campus. Backing up Mr. Armstrong was the absolute right thing to do. Ok..like I said before...this blog is not intended to be a political one..but I had to voice my opinion on the topic. Hope you enjoy the reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment