Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wow!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't posted in a bit..i am very sorry to anyone who reads and follows this..one..maybe? LOL! Anyways, there is a good reason recently that I have not. I got an email from a school!!! And they were asking if I am still interested in their position. I was like..ummm...YEAH!!!! I sent them back an email that day and spoke to one of their area coordinators the next day. Very good conversation...very nice and professional person and I was told that if the school was interested, they may contact me soon for a phone interview. Here is some invaluable advice that I learned through that conversation....stay current..especially in the field of student affairs. I asked if the fact that I have been out of the field for a while would work against me. I was told if I was current and had been doing things relevant to the field that it would certainly be taken into consideration. I went home that night..brainstormed and came up with a list of all the things that I had done that were relevant to the field and it actually was a pretty long list. I added all that information on my online application which fortunately had not been looked at yet..lol. I also sent an email to the area coordinator summarizing what I had done. The next day, I got an email from the Director of Residential Life wanting to schedule a phone interview. This is where we are at now. Not only would I be back in the field...it is at a school I have always dreamed of working at. I am a little nervous but making myself as prepared as I can possibly be and give the interview of my life! So..I give you this advice. Don't ever give up...have a good attitude. Also...keep the lines of communication open..i got an email on a Sunday so you literally never know when an employer might contact you. Finally, contact as soon as possible..it shows that you are definitely interested. I have followed up both emails the next day with phone calls. Well..I hope to have bigger news in the near future so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment