Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Discussion Groups

So I got some good news this morning..two of the discussion groups I asked to be invited to accepted me. Now there are two reasons I am excited about this. First, obviously...the networking possibilites..it feels good to be actually talking to people in the field, sharing ideas and discussing rather than sending a resume and taking my chances. I feel that I can actually start making some real connections which I am planning to lead to a job offer! The other reason is because I enjoy getting involved in these kind of discussions and it is very informative to know what the relevant and hot topics are in student affairs especially being out of the field for a while. Im feeling good about where the job search is going! So..im going to try to post tomorrow and make this a regular thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment